physician performance program
Are you burned out?
- Do you dread going to work?
- Do you feel there just isn’t enough time?
- Do you question or regret your career choice?
- Are you exhausted or drained?
- Have you become irritable with patients or colleagues?
- Have you stopped caring?
- Do you feel you work hard but aren’t making a difference?
- Are you dissatisfied or unfulfilled at the end of the day?
Your exhaustion, cynicism, frustration and apathy can be signs of burnout.
Burnout is reversible and preventable.
Burnout affects more than your attitude; your performance, relationships and health suffer. Do you experience:
making more errors
Burnout usually has both organizational and personal components.
Factors that contribute to burnout include:
working long hours
feeling you have little control over your work
continual exposure to stress and decision making
poor work-life balance
increased administrative responsibilities
inadequate support from administration
unpredictability of each shift